Saturday, December 30, 2006

Christmas

Well Christmas seemed to go off without a hitch. What a crazy time, we are still trying to recover (as I’m sure many of you are too)! Brody and I both got sick in time to feel lousy for the holidays, I am doing much better, just a little stuffy nose left, but Brody still sounds terrible. He keeps coughing and gagging and throwing up snot, the poor little guy. I hope he can beat this soon, I don’t want it to linger so long that he ends up with an ear infection. We went to the Christmas Eve service at our church and headed over to Joan’s to hang out with the whole family. The kids had a great time and loved all the presents (even if they weren’t for them)! Haven got a tea set and Kylie said, ‘oh man, I wanted that!’ I think we need to work on being thankful with her! Funny thing is she has one just like it, so I am thinking it was more like she wanted to play with it… but we’ll still need to work on it. She did the same thing at home the next morning, she kept saying she wanted what Reygann got, and then said that Reygann would have to share. Every time she opened something she would say OH NO (in a good way) or pump her arm in the air and cheer. Reygann on the other hand was extremely cranky!! We had the hardest time getting her to sit and open presents without crying! She doesn’t do well if she gets woken up vs. waking up herself, so I wonder if Kylie woke her up. The poor girl is working on teeth too; I thought it was just 1 ½ teeth (I knew the one for sure and the other side was swollen, but I wasn’t sure if it was coming yet). Yesterday I discovered that she was working on 4 teeth, the poor girl! I didn’t even think to check the top! So after opening presents we headed over to Mamaw’s house (Deric’s mom) to spend some time with them... Deric’s sister and family was able to come back up for Christmas (they didn’t think they were going to be able to this year) so we got to see them and they got to finally meet Brody! We stayed there most of the day and got back to Joan’s house just in time for dinner, we didn’t stay too long Deric wanted to get home early because he had to work the next day and the kids didn’t have naps for two days so we thought it was best. The next day I did some after Christmas shopping and headed back to Mamaw’s to spend some more time with the family. The rest of the week is a blur; I don’t really even know what day it is today… Christmas being on a weekday really messes me up!


Random Christmas Eve pictures at Joan's house
The kids set the table while we were opening the adults gifts.
Brody's First Christmas quilt made by Mommy and Mamoo (except it seems the more kids Mommy has the more Mamoo does on the quilt!)
Pictures from Christmas morning at home
Both girls got strollers for their dolls and they were both broken in the first few minutes... looks like I have some returns to do!
Reygann's BIG Elmo!
Deric and his sister

No comments: