Sunday, December 24, 2006

Frustrations!!

It's been a few days since I've posted and that's because other than being extremely busy with Christmas stuff our phone line broke again!! I think this is the 5th time since starting this project! With all the rain we got it caused some of our walls (of the hole) to cave in and it took the phone line down with it. I went out there to fix it, but it was burried under so much mud I couldn't get it free. We have clay so it is SO sticky and it really sucks you into the mess. Anyways.. I went part way into the hole to see if I could fix the phone and kinda got stuck! It was bad enough that I was wearing Deric's boots and they are a bit big.. so I was having a really hard time moving around, but the ground was so soaked and it kept crumbling away as I tried to get back out... I was almost to the point of being worried (the kids were all awake in the house) I ended up crawling out with my hands!! Oh yeah, I fell too and got pretty messy, and to top it off all the stuff fell out of my pockets!!

1 comment:

jodes said...

Boy did you get some water!!! Too bad no one had a camera to capture your crawling out of the hole! That would have been priceless. Nice river in the last picture.