Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Our Mud Pit


I was just thinking yesterday that taking a mud bath would be relaxing.. but this isn't what I meant!! Rain, rain, go away... I want to get working on the house!! (humm, I don't really think that rhymes!) See the pink on the house.. if you push that over you can walk right into our basement.. (Boy do I feel safe with our doors locked, and our basement wide open!!) I was worried about the rain coming in the pink hole but I was glad to see that the water is a lot lower than the hole. I was sitting down getting ready to post this when our sump pump kicked on and I heard splashing water, oh no!! I ran to the basement and I discovered that the sump pump pipe must have been hit while digging and it was broken in two places! I ran back upstairs disconnected the computer and called Deric at work. I unplugged the sump pump and was just going to have to keep an eye on it so it wouldn't flood the basement (and ruin all our stuff, including all our Christmas gifts). So here I am downstairs and I hear someone come in the door (gasp!) it turns out that mom didn't know our phone had been fixed last night so she stopped by on her way from picking up dad at the mechanics.. I was like 'Oh, dad is in the car... send him in!' Lucky for me (not lucky for him) his brakes went out and that is why he was with mom, she had just picked him up. He was able to push the pipe back out and get the pieces stuck back together as much as they could be, it is a good fix for now till Deric comes home. (Thanks Dad!)

Here is what our house looks like now.. (front, back, and side where the addition will be)


Digging it out the first day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Grief! Thank God dad was in the car. He saved us during our flood.

How stressful. :o(

. said...

Yeah, and the flash thunderstorm we are having right now isn't helping things either!! Deric went out there and put our extra pump out there and it is over a foot deep.. I would love this nice warm weather we are having any other winter but right now everything is a sloppy mess.. and we aren't going to be able to finish digging until it isn't so sloppy anymore!

Tim, Lisa, Logan, and Nathan Wilson said...

Even if it is a mud hole, it is your mud hole and you started!