Tuesday, March 25, 2008

We saw him!

Today 'becca gave me a call and said she was heading up to the square and if I wanted to meet her up there I could. I was game because I wanted to go up there but I didn't really want to stand there alone with the kids. On our way in we passed a few signs welcoming Johnny and crew to town.



We got there late morning and we staked out our spot. Actually we walked close as we could and stopped, that was as staking as we got. I switched out the little lens on my camera for my big zoom one. I dropped the cap when I tried to put it away, I didn't think it was a big deal even though there was a sewer grate in front of us. Little did I know my lens cap would roll all the way to the grate and fall between the cracks! That sucks! Looks like I have something new to search for on Ebay now!

You think I would have learned my lesson about standing too close to the grate, but I didn't. Some of the people in front of us moved and we scooted closer. This put the stroller directly over the grate, still no concern about it. Since it was nearing nap time I gave Brody his bippy trying to make sure he was comfy and wasn't going to be cranky. It worked great till he started calling for his bippy in desperation, I looked on the ground and didn't see it anywhere

Then it caught my eye, it had fallen down the grate too! Seriously how did it fall just right so it wouldn't land on the top!

There was a lot of just standing around, the kids did fairly well. It was kinda nice out (low 40's when we got there, and mid 50's when we left) but it was extremely windy!

Here's my tax dollars hard at work!

There HE is!!! He finally came our of his trailer! After waiting an hour or so we finally got to see him and some twerp stepped in front of me and her hood blocked my view! Can you believe that! That is what the blur is, ooohh I'm steamed!


We waited around a bit longer to see if we could see him again (and if I could get a non-hooded picture). By this time the girls had to go potty so we walked down the street looking for somewhere to go. On our way I took a few pictures...
The courthouse

Some of the old cars lined up

Apparently this is how they fake sunshine in a movie!


We saw Channel 5 news there.
The reporter was talking to this guy, but I forgot who I heard he was!

Channel 2 was there too
Just movie stuff, looks like a soundboard or something.

These guys are in the movie, I'm not sure who they are but one of them was wearing a police badge...
'becca, her friend (Beth maybe?), and my kiddos.
'becca called tonight and was on her way back out. I was going to meet up with her after we finished dinner, but when I called her I got her voicemail. So sad! I wanted to go out again! I'm hoping she wants to go back out tomorrow, or someone else wants to so I can tag along again.



4 comments:

jodes said...

OMG Julie!! What AWESOME PICTURES!!! I'm so excited you got to be there and see him - I'm so jealous! i shall steal your pictures and tell everyone at work they're mine! LOL!! :o) Can't believe you lost two things down the grate - that's so you! heehee.

Anonymous said...

How exciting for you!

'becca said...

i'm sorry you got my voicemail! my phone died about 10 minutes after we got there. we stood on the square for about 2 hours - left around 8:30 because beth & i wanted dinner more than to stand in the cold & be annoyed by people.:) we ARE going back tomorrow & my phone is charging now, so i'll call you when we're on our way. :)

Michelle said...

How exciting! I can't wait to tell Matt! What movie is it? I'm so going to see it just cause it was filmed near your house! :) So cool! And I love all your Easter pictures. The kids looks so beautiful. I love their matching outfits! Where do you get outfits that coordinate? Love you,
Michelle