Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Weekend Away

Sorry girls, I meant to post these sooner!

I can't believe it has been almost 2 weeks since I left for my weekend away with the girls! It seems like it was just a couple days ago and months ago at the same time! It started out not the greatest with Jessica getting sick many times on the car ride down, poor Ted! She seemed to bonce back pretty well after getting sick (noted by the picture below. Seriously, would you think she was just puking her guts out? I think she looks great here!)




This guy was really sweet and pulled over to see if we needed help or if we just had a sick passenger. It was the latter, of course! But it was still really nice for him to stop and check. One of my favorite puke stops was the gas station that only had half doors on the bathroom stalls! I am so bummed I didn't get a picture of those!




This is where we stayed. They had really nice cabins with awesome views. It is too bad everything was kinda gray out, I would love to go back when everything is green or better yet in the fall when everything is in full color!




The first day 'becca and I walked to the office to check in (since we showed up after hours). Little did I know that the walk was going to be straight up hill!! Seriously folks, it was a horrid walk! The walk down wasn't even easy, my knees were sore from banging on the hike back down. It was one LONG mile and a half! This picture was taken from our balcony, you can see the office between the trees...

See, I told you it was quite the hike!



Here's a few picts of the inside of the cabin
dining room
living room
stairs in the dining/living room
bedroom

game room/upstairs

loft (this is where I slept)
killer bathtub
It is too sad that I only got to use the tub once, but it was a nice 1 time! I poured a bit of my shower gel in the tub and turned on the jets and tada! Huge bubbles! They were bigger before, I took this picture after I got out of the bath. The only bad thing was I used all the hot water and I got bubbles in my hair and I had to wash off in the COLD shower! Humm, maybe that is why I only took one bath... that and I had more fun in the hot tub with the girls instead of in the tub alone.



These are just a random splattering of pictures I took...






One of the days Jessica took a drive with me to find the cabin I stayed in on my honeymoon (I know it was dangerous to take pukey with me, but I didn't want to go alone!) It took a little searching, but we found it!




So sad, it's time to go home! The car is packed and we can't see out the back window... that must mean we have everything!



It was fun gals! We will have to do this again for sure!


7 comments:

Jessica said...

OMG. I can't believe you posted that picture of me! Thank you for not posting the one of me puking! Oh, and thanks for calling me pukey!!! That was the best weekend (all things considered of course!) I loved driving around with you that one day, that was probably my favorite part of the trip!

I can't wait until we all go away again next year!!

Michelle said...

So fun and Jessica does look great after puking! :)

'becca said...

yay! thanks for posting the photos, jules!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a blast :) How fun! And Jessica you look amazing!!!!

Michelle Kemper Brownlow said...

Love the pics!!! What a gorgeous place!!

You can enter more than one pic for the contest - I didn't say either way on the video - so go for it!!

Can't wait to see them!

Brooke said...

Looks like a great time- puking excluded!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

Wow Beautiful pictures what a great get away!
Laura