Monday, March 10, 2008

House Update

This is once again a LONG time coming! I don't know what the deal is, but I have wanted to blog but just haven't had the time! I am trying to finish up a bunch of projects and I've added a few to the pot too! These pictures are from the last few weeks...

Deric tore out more of the plaster and this time he was working on the ceiling. He opted to sit on the rafters and knock the plaster down instead of pulling it down towards himself. It was SO nasty dusty in there you could see it floating in the air!

All of the rafters were filled with some kind of insulation, that was a mess when it came falling down! Some of it made its way through the holes in the floor and coated the basement too

See it falling?




Ahh, that's better! Nice and clean.



Since the rest of the plaster was now gone it was time to take out the plaster where the stairs are going to be. Daddy got the kids attention right away, Kylie stood there watching him almost the whole time.




I went over to the old side of the house to see how it was looking from that side... It looks very different!

Hi, kids!

Gotta love it!






While he was at it he finally got around to yanking the tub out of there too. Now I am itching to get the walls up so I can get a better feel of how it is going to look!



The plaster covering the opening to the future play room had to go too...



These are sweet, Daddy and Brody playing with eachother through the plastic.



2 comments:

jodes said...

awww i love the last picture!!! New signature - love it!

. said...

I love that one too, it was so sweet to watch.

Thanks! Isn't it cute? Hopefully I will remember to keep using it!