Friday, March 21, 2008

Easter Eggs

We finally got around to coloring Easter eggs last night. We have been trying to do this for about a week now, but we just kept being too busy. Soon as dinner was over I started getting things ready, it took a while to find a plastic tablecloth to cover the table but I found one and we were ready to start.
I wasn't crazy enough to give Brody a real egg (for good reason too, he kept throwing the ball we gave him) so I gave him a plastic golf ball. I figured it looked close enough to the egg that we might trick him. I also gave him one of the paint rollers and a little paint brush (I wasn't crazy enough to let the girls paint on the eggs either) to keep him busy with his 'egg'.

(Yes, he's wearing a pink bib! His was in the wash and this was the only other one we have!)
Showing off one of her eggs
Reygann was working very hard at decorating her egg

The finished product
My busy little eggsperts
Awww....
I pulled out the markers for the kids to color on the eggs. Kylie wrote her name, but she ran out of room so the first line has KY then above it she put LI and then she ran out of room again and put the E in front of the LI. Kids are so fun in the way they write!
Working on her egg
And spelling her name for Kylie to write for her

Our finished eggs (some of them anyways). We have a clear crayon that you can write on the eggs and when you paint them it stays white, Kylie used it to write everyone's name on an egg. Some of them didn't turn out so well but if you look for it you can figure out which egg belongs to which person.

1 comment:

Marlana said...

Julie, you take really great pictures. All over your blog it looks great because of how nice all of those look. It's fun to look at.