Monday, December 10, 2007

A New Tradition?

Last year for Christmas my Aunt Margaret gave my kids the How the Grinch stole Christmas book and characters, the kids really liked it then and when I pulled it out this year (I packed it away with the Christmas stuff) they still liked it. They have been playing with the characters and reading the book to each other. Brody was so cute, he kept putting the Grinch on his shoulder and bouncing up and down patting its back (like what you do to calm a baby). I remember him sucking on the Grinch last year and grabbing him and having fuzz in his hands... it is crazy how much bigger he is this year!


After reading the book a few times during the day they were so excited when daddy came home so they could read it again. So after dinner everyone got ready for bed and they piled in daddy's lap and he read them the story again. Brody didn't last for long and after a while we just let him run around. The girls were so excited I'm thinking that we should make this some sort of tradition, we could throw in the movie too... (not the Jim Carey one) I think they would like that. It might have to wait till next year though... we are really busy with the house and have been working late (or at least Deric has been) and there isn't time before bed.




4 comments:

b.e.c. said...

our tradition growing up was my dad reading 'twas the night before christmas to us. traditions like that are grand. even after he moved out and we were semi-adults, he still read it to us. now bruce does it for callie.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! Your kids are adorable.

Unknown said...

Derek always has the best comfy pants on! they are so festive! lol

Michelle said...

How Fun! I love the idea!