Sunday, December 02, 2007

House Update

I got our countertop and flooring picked out this past week. None of it is ordered yet, we are still waiting for a few more quotes. Hopefully we will be ordering it soon, we are cutting this close!! Brody was helping me look through the sample rings...

Humm, which one do I like?

Nahh, this is too dark

I found it!

I'm such a good helper!


So you really can't tell from this picture, but this is the countertop we picked next to the backsplash we are going to have. (The one right next to the sample)

Sorry things are such a mess, that is why I didn't take an updated picture sooner. I realized that it isn't going to be tidy for a while still so I just took the pictures. You can pretty much see what the kitchen looks like from here. Pardon the pendant lights, they are the adjustable kind and we have them all the way down to stretch out the cords. I'll look and see if I have a picture with them up. (On a side note, I really wanted adjustable pendants but was having a really hard time finding them. These aren't the finish or size I wanted but I found them on clearance for $30!! That's unheard of! They were originally $140 something, what a steal!)


I found one... here are the pendants in the normal position, it looks much better than hanging so low.

Here's our Christmas tree, the poor thing is in the addition all by itself. We figured that we aren't going to set it up in here just to move it over there so it got set up over there and we can look through the window at it. We still don't have lights on it... maybe we can do that tomorrow... we aren't going to decorate it because we will have to move it around a few times while putting the flooring in. Hopefully we can get that done soon so it can start to feel like Christmas in here!


I can't remember if I posted these or not so just in case... We finally got the window for our bathroom! We didn't order it when we ordered the other ones because we weren't sure if we wanted it or not blah, blah, blah. So anyways we ordered it, and when we went to pick it up they said that we already did. Humm, no we didn't... where did it go? We finally figured out a few weeks later that since we ordered it under the business account it had been sent to one of dad's jobs. Dad wondered where this window came from and had it in his truck to bring back. Finally everyone put two and two together and we got our window.

It makes such a huge difference to have a window in the bathroom! There isn't a window in the hall (I wanted one there too, but just the one will have to do), so having a window in the bathroom shines so much light into the hall, it is so nice!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good Jules!! I would love to have a window in my bathroom, I'm glad you found yours!! Brody is such a help isn't he? His hair looks red, is it or is it just the picture?!
Jessica

jodes said...

I've never seen penant lights before - its unique. I really like the chandelier!

. said...

What are you smoking Jody? Joan has them in her house, and mom has had them in her last two! What do you mean you've never seen them before?!

jodes said...

I meant i never saw the pully thing! dork. ;o)

Anonymous said...

The house is looking wonderful, you must just be so excited. I can't wait to see it when you are done. HINT HINT.

Brooke said...

Looking good! You have made so much progress lately it seems.