Thursday, December 27, 2007

House Update

More pictures I'm behind on... I figured I just can't post pictures from now till I get you up to speed. I realized that there aren't any pictures of me working on the house so I thought I'd take one to prove I helped!

Here I am! Hi guys!
The countertops came in!! They were delayed a few days but they made it!


These are from last week when we switched up the water. We had to switch the water from the well to the new place it was supposed to go or something like that. Anyways Deric turned off the well and took the line apart but there was still some pressure and nasty rusty water went spewing everywhere. The basement is coated in rusty mess, we ran into a few issues and I had to make a quick run to the hardware store for a few things 4 1/2 hours later we were done. THAT was a LONG evening!

This is our new water stuff.


Rusty rusty everywhere!

After rerouting the water lines we tested the pressure to see if there were any leaks. Everything looked good so we hooked it up and put it to the test with water. I was upstairs watching the bathroom for leaks and Deric was in the basement turning on the water and then was going to come up and check the kitchen... I'm standing in the bathroom and I hear this funny noise, I'm not really sure what it is so I stand there and listen. I never heard Deric come up from the basement so I wondered if I should check the kitchen but I didn't want to get in trouble for leaving my post in the bathroom. I checked one more time then went downstairs to see how it was going, the further down the stairs I got I realized that the funny noise I heard was water. Water shooting out of one of the fittings! We had a geyser in our kitchen! Deric heard me running down the stairs and shut the water off just in case and it was a good thing he did!


The cabinets were wet...
the ceiling was wet...
the counters, the floor, and everything around was wet...
even my pendant lights were wet! It was a rough few days there, I am glad those days are behind us now!

No comments: