Thursday, December 27, 2007

House Update

We finally have flooring!! It was only supposed to take 3 days to get after we ordered it, but I guess because of the holidays there was an overflow of orders and we were told that it was going to take longer... That wouldn't be that bad except we were trying to get into the house by Christmas and we are cutting it close. The flooring finally showed up on the 21st but it was supposed to acclimate to the climate in the house for 48 hours before laying it! We didn't have 24 hours so we cheated a little. I helped Deric cut and lay the floor, and I really enjoyed it. MY fingers and palms were sore for a few days (my knees too!) but it was still fun to do.


Waiting for it to warm up

Deric worked on laying the carpet pad upstairs while we waited on the wood floors. He really wanted to finish the pad upstairs, but he also wanted to watch the finale of his show so I pulled out the little tv so he wouldn't have to go back up there after his show was over. It got quiet up there so I snuck up the stairs and caught him on the floor watching his show. It must have been a good spot in the show because he had stopped working and was laying on the floor watching it.


The show's over back to work

My backsplash tiles


It's time to take the window out and open up the wall...

...here goes...

tada! We have a hole!

Laying the floor

The wood floor is done and the pad downstairs is done too!

We now have a gas line for the stove and Deric is hooking it up, I am glad it will finally be put in its place and finally be out of the middle of my kitchen!! We have a lot of work to do still, it's about 7:30 on the 23rd and we aren't even close! Did I mention that family is coming over Christmas morning?? Aurgghhhh!!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

The house is looking awesome! I'm so proud of you guys!

jodes said...

Great work on getting it all done in time! Your house is AMAZING. And you kitchen is my dream kitchen! I'm so happy for you. LOVE the backsplash!

Anonymous said...

Well congratulations you pulled it off! The house looked AMAZING on Christmas!! Judging from these pictures you did A TON of work those last couple days. You definitely take after dad! Haha!!!

What was Deric watching on TV?!?!