Monday, January 01, 2007

This Sucks!

So here we are wide awake, can't sleep after 11:30, and last night I was sound asleep before 11:30 while trying to stay awake! Yep, we missed it, we tuned in at 11:59 New York time to see the ball drop in Time Square (pure luck that we caught it) and that is pretty much all I remember until I heard the TV talking about west coast time and I woke up enough to realize that I had been asleep and channel surfed to see if we missed it... we had, by a half hour! I was so tired I went to bed without even brushing my teeth (EWWW, gross... I know, I know!) Anyways... I have been tossing and turning and fighting with my pants (the legs keep twisting and riding up my legs and driving me CRAZY!) for a half hour now, so I figured I'd get up and try again instead of waking Deric up. (So kind of me, I know..) I looked out the window and there was a dusting of snow, and I thought it was cool, I couldn't sleep, but it was kinda fun to see the fresh snow... but it looked kinda odd, and I really couldn't figure out why so I looked at it out the back door to see if I could figure out what was so odd about it. Apparently the odd thing about it was the fact that there wasn't any snow! Am I hallucinating? I go back to the first window... humm, the snow is still there. I fight my way to the front door (I have Christmas boxes in the way) and turn on the porch light and go back to the kitchen window to see my 'snow' again... Are you ready for this? It is stones, my snow is stones! The stone they put down in the addition is really white and dusty and it looked like snow in the moonlight! I knew the stones were there but I guess I wasn't thinking about them being there and it looked like snow! Can we tell that I am tired and need sleep!? Come on brain, it's obvious that you aren't fully functioning... let's shut it all the way down now.... please?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This font color is difficult on my monitor. Consider changing it.

. said...

Thanks, is this better?