Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Could have been better...

So I went to be just before 1:00 am and still had a hard time falling asleep. I was still up at 1:15, but that was the last time I remember... Kylie woke up crying at 1:45 (half hour or less of sleep) I ignored her at first because I knew it wasn't an 'important' cry, but then I started to wonder if she wet the bed or something so I got up. She didn't, she just wanted a drink of water (and she knows she isn't supposed to have water during the night especially waking mommy up when she can't sleep!) But I got her the water anyways because I didn't want her to cry and wake everyone else up (she cries at EVERYTHING! DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!!) But by then Reygann was up and decided she wanted water too... so I searched in her bed (with the lights out) for what seemed like hours and finally gave up and was going to give her Kylie's cup since she couldn't see it was the wrong color, and I bumped her cup off the dresser! No wonder why I couldn't find it in her bed... so I got her water too and she actually went back to bed very well. Back to bed for mommy.. and 2:15 I hear moving around.. I guess Kylie had to go to the bathroom and took herself (what a good girl!) but she couldn't get her jammies snapped again. She came over to the side of the bed and I snapped her jammies for her and back to bed we both go. (Union suit jammies, really cute... but NOT a good idea!!) But with all the goings on Brody was waking up, he does this really cute sucking/eating noise when he's putting himself to sleep (but it is really LOUD because of being tongue tied). So he is inches from my head going full throttle on the soothing routine but it's keeping me awake... but I don't want to just get him up because I can't sleep, I want him to be able to put himself back to sleep. So half an hour later he is still going at it but I'm smacking his butt to help out I thought we had it, but that only lasted 5 minutes. Lucky for me he finally cried and I took him out to feed him. It was sometime after 3:00 that I finally made it down for the rest of the night... granted Deric had to ask me something before he left so I was up then and Kylie was up earlier than she had been the last 3 days but I had her come in bed and we snuggled until Reygann came in and then we moved the party to the couch (Reygann isn't good at whispering and I was trying to keep Brody asleep). Brody is still asleep and the girls and I are eating breakfast... but now I'm wishing I showered instead of eating... I wonder if I can still before Brody wakes up... I hate it when he starts to cry right after I get in, the poor guy!

3 comments:

jodes said...

And people wonder why i don't want kids. I'm the kind of girl who NEEDS her sleep.

Unknown said...

i hope you start getting more sleep. i come here all the time but i just never leave a note...i wonder why i don't....hmm...i'll think about that
:)

b.e.c. said...

yeah, another reason to stop with one kid. i'll not be adding another to my brood for certain. my sleep is FAR too precious to me.