Monday, May 28, 2007

House Update


We finally got our tub for upstairs! We got it in the house, but I don't know how the heck we are (more like I am) going to get it up the stairs!!

Not going so well! This is hard, plus I am wearing flip flops!

We finally got it upstairs!! Checking out the new tub

The girls are washing themselves in the bath!

Our stairs! If you look to the left of the picture you can see the girls going down the stairs to the basement...

Looking down the basement stairs...

These last two are the basement view of the stairs... if you look half way up you can see the window and the hole that we have had in our house... the girls were using it as a pass through and so were we till the stairs got in the way...

This is the hole from the old basement side... I took this Saturday...

...and Sunday they ripped out the whole wall! We were just going to put a door on the landing so we could get into the old basement, but I guess it was a load bearing wall so they took the whole wall out and are just going to build a new one. It was all cement block... what a mess!

Now we have somewhere for the girls to ride their bikes!

7 comments:

Marlana said...

Wow, impressive work. You're coming to do my house next, right? Your kids are beautiful.

Michelle said...

I'm so impressed with your perseverence and good attitude through all the construction. I think I would have gone crazy by now! You're my hero!

Hummel Family said...

WOW, Julie! This is going to be so nice for you five when this project is finally over! I am very excited for you!

Unknown said...

so, why is it you had to get the tub upstairs? i wouldn't have done it...

. said...

Thanks all, I can't wait! Hopefully the time will fly till we get in there.

I had to Amanda... there was no one else around! Couldn't just leave it sitting in the middle of the room... that would hinder the work! :0)

. said...

Deric thinks I made it sound like I had to do the tub by myself... did any of you read it that way?

Marlana said...

yes, that is what i thought at first but then i knew that would be impossible. i know you're tough, but come on... you want to arm wrestle next time we're at bunco and you can show me how strong you are? Joanie can already kick my butt, so i figure you'll probably be able to also. especially if you can lift a tub up the stairs by yourself.