Wednesday, February 21, 2007

We Have Heat!!!

What a day (yesterday) Deric called late morning telling me that the vendors were taking them to a Bulls game and wanted to make sure that was cool with me, I would have rather him been home but how often do you get an opportunity like that so I said have fun... and my day went downhill from there. I think the girls knew daddy wasn't coming home and were seeing how crazy they could drive me!! Brody was out of sorts and I was only able to get him down for 1 afternoon nap so he didn't want to play on his own at all he just wanted to be held which made it hard to do stuff and chase after the girls (good thing we have a small house!!) Blah, blah, blah, and stuff like that we were all a bit cranky... I have the girls in the bath and I finally got Brody down and I hear this odd noise (I'm guessing it had been making the noise for awhile it was just too stinking loud in here to hear it). I thought it was one of the sump pumps so I went downstairs to check it out (how good of me) and it was the furnace, oh great! I checked it out made some phone calls and there is nothing anyone can really do, I got the number for our repair guy but I knew Deric wouldn't want me to pay him to fix it so I tried to call him back again to see what he (Deric) says but his phone just rings and rings. I'm a little like Ok I just told you we have no heat, I know you are on your way to a Bulls game, but you can still answer your phone! I wonder how long the furnace had been off, I was really cold all afternoon but occasionally I am. So anyway I put the kids to bed and snuggle up under a blanket on the couch and wait for Deric to come home. He called around 10:45 to say he was on his way home but he wasn't sure if I was asleep so he just let it ring once and I could call him back if I was awake... I was so I called him back and it just rang and rang... Hello! You just called me, answer your phone!! (I'm not mad or cranky, just confused) I go to bed and wake up to this banging noise (It scared the crap out of me!!) I knew it had to be Deric but I was still fuzzy from sleeping, I thought maybe he was locked out and was banging on the front screen door, but it wasn't coming from that direction so I listen again and it sounds really close so I thought maybe he was banging on the siding right outside the window to wake me up... nope, I finally woke up enough to climb out of bed and check it out (I thought about grabbing the gun just in case, but decided against it.. I was pretty sure it was just Deric and I was still pretty sleepy, so I played it safe!) he was in the basement banging something on the furnace. I was glad he was fixing it and I would finally be warm again, but I scolded him for scaring the crap out of me! So he got it working again, and came to bed.. I was up at 1 with Brody and thought it was cold, but when isn't it when you are up in the middle of the night... then I was up at 3 yep getting colder... at 5 I checked the temperature and it was 59! Burrr!! I nudged Deric (his alarm was going to go off soon) and told him he couldn't fix it and leave for work until we knew it was going to stay working, it's too cold! He told work he was going to be late and stayed home and got the furnace working again... it needed a new motherboard I guess and it took a while to find a place that carried them and would sell once to us (since we aren't a company), but we did and now we have heat!! I'm still a bit cold, my fingers are freezing and my nose is cold to the touch... I think I am going to nuke some coffee and put another layer on!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheesh. Now I'm cold. Thanks Jules.

SO.... with Deric going to the Bulls game (which by the way, Boz is Way Jealous!) does that mean you too get a night to go out on the town?? Leave the kids with him and go out and have a good time? I would imagine so.

. said...

Jealous nothing... wait till he finds out Deric was in the 7th row!

Joanie, Billy, Harrison, Haven, Hudson, and Holden said...

It was too bad that Billy was out, cuz it would've been fun to hang out. Glad the heater is working!

Unknown said...

yeah, glad you are warm again!