Sunday, February 04, 2007

Reygann's Party

Happy Birthday Reygann!!
Looking out the window waiting for the party to start.

(She's exercising)
She put her shoes on all by herself! (They are on the wrong feet!)


We had a Elmo themed party, Elmo was everywhere. I made her an Elmo cake and when my mom saw it she asked me if it would be enough for everyone... I didn't even think about that! So I whipped out some Elmo cupcakes a few hours before the party. Shew! They didn't turn out too bad...

It was pretty cute, soon as she blew out the candles she said "Now we eat cake!!" That girl knows how it goes! I'm two!
Yummy cake!!

I figured with all the kids around it might be a good idea to have something for them to do... I packed up all our Elmo toys, books, and puzzles to keep with our theme. I made a 'tape the nose on Elmo' game for the kids too. Everyone did a good job... Reygann was the cutest though... we put the blindfold on her and told her to not look and to put the nose on, and she did... on herself! That got a big laugh, and Harrison thought he would give it a try too!


It's a 'murphy'!! Reygann ALWAYS wants Kylie's murphy blanket and now she has her own! (Kylie's murphy blanket is a blanket Great Gramma Murphy made for her last Christmas ('05) I guess she calls it a murphy because that is how she knew how to describe it back then and the name just stuck.)
Reygann, her murphy, and Great Gramma Murphy
I would have to say that the most memorable part of the party (for me) had nothing to do with the birthday girl... it was when Kylie threw up on me! She went and sat in Papoo's lap and said she didn't feel so good (and she didn't look it either) so he called me over and said that she wasn't feeling so good so I picked her up and took her to the bathroom. Harrison almost got a lap full because he was going to the bathroom (he left the door open, I didn't barge in on him!) So I swung around to the sink and she started to puke, it was all over my neck down the front and back of me, it was quite gross! I was picking/rinsing food chunks for some time, I even had to wash out my earings because there was pieces stuck in them! About 5 minutes later she was fine again running around and playing, I am pretty sure she was spinning around or something like that, and that is why she got sick, lets hope it was that and not the food!!

5 comments:

Hummel Family said...

Oh wow! What a fun party. I love the Elmo cake, Julie. Good job!

I totally was thinking her birthday was in the Spring, I do not know why. I forgot how close your birthday and her birthday was.

(Oh and by the way, HAppy B-lated Birthday!! I tried posting on your actual birthday, but blogger wasn't cooperating! Hope you were able to celebrate!)

Hummel Family said...

About the pictures...I am not really sure why my pics can be enlarged by clicking on the actual picture...I click on a few of yours and I thought they got bigger. Am I understnading your question the right way! Hmmmmm...... I will keep thinking...

love
JoEllen

Anonymous said...

You did a really good job on the cake and whipping up those cupcakes in a few hours. i am very impressed.

jodes said...

AW! Looks like I missed a great party!! Sorry again that we couldn't be there.

Your cake turned out GREAT!! I'm very impressed.

Reygann is such a cutie!!

Unknown said...

Glad that everyone had a good time. She's a cutie!