Thursday, July 24, 2008

Brodys Newest Boo Boo

Exactly 1 week (well a week and 12 hours) after Brody busted his eye he was at it again! This time it was his mouth. We aren't exactly sure what happened because he did it upstairs, but we think he fell/got bounced off Reyganns bed (the girls were not jumping on the beds, but Reygann said she flopped down and that might have bounced him) and I think he knocked his tooth on her step (he could have just chomped his jaw together, or hit it on the floor, but I think he would have needed to hit it on something pretty hard.) I know it was Reyganns bed because there was blood on her bed. We heard a thump, and a little whimpering, but nothing too crazy. Then we heard Kylie tell us that Brody was hurt, and there was blood. Blood on him and ALL OVER Reyganns bed!! So I went running and called Daddy to follow. I scooped him up at the top of the stairs and sure enough his mouth was all bloody and so were his hands. There was a small problem... I was wearing a brand new white shirt and Brody wanted to roll over and lay his (bloody) face on my shoulder and wrap his (equally bloody) hands around my back!! I was very torn what to do in that spilt second, but luckily daddy was right there and so he took him. We went downstairs to check out the damage... (I think he was trying to be like another little boy and knocked his tooth almost out!) It was pushed back and twisted so I (had to be the bad guy) and twisted it back into place. His teeth aren't the straightest so it was hard to tell if it was in the right spot, but we did the best we could. I think I am going to start instituting 'Bubble Wrap Fridays'!! And I am going to watch him like a hawk tomorrow!!! Oh yeah, and the blood ALL OVER Reyganns bed turned out to be just one spot with blood on it like the size of a small fist! Ah, Kids!!

My poor baby, hurt again!! (What are they going to think in nursery this week!)

We washed him down a little, but you can still see blood on his hands.

Daddy trying to keep some ice on him.


A popsicle is a much better way to keep ice on his boo boo!

OH! I think he like it!


I thought a little medicine might be a good idea, and he always loves medicine!

Can you see the bruise on his swollen lip? And the tear behind his tooth?


You can tell in this picture that it is behind the other teeth some and should be closer to the front.

It kinda looks like it might be chipped but he won't hold still long enough to get a good look.

It must have keep bleeding throughout the night, there are blood spots all over his bed and blankie.



1 comment:

Michelle said...

Poor Brody! Sweet baby I hope he feels better soon...and I totally understand the dillema of wanting to hold him but not wanting blood all over your white shirt! Tough call! :)