Saturday, July 19, 2008

Brodys Boo Boo

I can't remember exactly why, but Brody threw another tantrum Friday morning. We just came down the stairs and I went right towards the kitchen, and he threw himself left onto the family room floor. (Humm, I wonder if it was because he wanted me to hold him still? We were on our way out and I had to wake him up, I snuggled him for a bit and carried him down the stairs with me, I think that must have been it.) I set him down so I could get breakfast together and he wasn't happy about it. Anyways, I went right and he went left. Of course I heard the thump of him throwing himself to the floor, and a little bit of crying. Nothing crazy, just a I'm not very thrilled cry. So imagine how surprised I was when he came over to me (he almost always comes and gives my legs a hug kinda like he is saying he is sorry) covered in blood! There was blood running down the side of his face and his hand/arm was covered!! (I kinda thought he bumped the ottoman on his way down, but I didn't really think about it, it's an ottoman, not a table how could he get hurt?!) It actually doesn't look too bad in the pictures, but it was pretty deep and of course it bled a LOT! There are 2 cuts, one much deeper than the other, and it formed a big knot right away. Of course I wasn't sure what to do and Deric wasn't going to be heading this way for work at all, so I had mom stop over on her way to work. We held him down and put a butterfly band aid on, which he immediately ripped right back off! I had so many mixed suggestions from everyone I didn't know what to do. I eventually decided to not take him to the ER (like just about everyone said to do), either way it was going to scar, so why traumatize him by holding him down and getting stitches? If the cut was closer to his eye (close enough to rip into his eye socket) I would have gone in for sure (or if it was somewhere more obvious like on his cheek). Once we let him just be he was fine. I guess he is all boy for sure!











No comments: