Thursday, September 13, 2007

New Play Area

After the flood we moved a lot of stuff to the barn and that opened up some room in the basement for the girls to play. I brought their crayons and paper down there and they have a table just for coloring. I also made them a couch so they will have somewhere comfy to sit (granted it sill has a plastic bag on it... not too comfy at the moment!) I had an extra crib mattress so I used that for the bottom of the couch and then I used a body pillow for the backrest part. I still need to get a crib sheet to put on it (hence the bag still), and I have a pillow case for the body pillow that I need to put on still too. I've been keeping a bunch of toys down there and I would occasionally rotate them with the ones we kept upstairs so they now have access to all of those. Kylie saw a spider and now doesn't want to play down there, so daddy went down with her and they wiped out all the spiders so hopefully she will play down there again!

2 comments:

jodes said...

i love their little smocks. Or whatever you call them. Did Gramma make them?

. said...

Yeah, they got the smocks from Gramma. It was funny that they were wearing them, they weren't doing anything messy, but they insisted on wearing them!