Wednesday, September 26, 2007

House Update

Ok, so here's the deal... we have dial up at home and my computer just doesn't want to upload my pictures anymore. I will start the upload process and after 25 minutes it will be done, but nothing will actually be uploaded, it will just crap out. It is driving me bonkers!! So here is the house update from September 10th through now. The order is all mixed up, but the progress is still the same.

These few are from when the guys were here working on the garage floor. They brought in a load of stone and Brody stood in the door watching them dumping it and was transfixed by it. I don't think he moved till the truck was gone!




I was trying to paint upstairs while the kids were awake... well actually I was trying to paint when they were sleeping but they woke up and I was trying to finish while they were awake. Anyways Reygann took Brody's bottle and proceeded to 'wash' the floor with it and squirted it on his head...



Deric and I spray primed most of the upstairs last weekend... this is what he looked like when he was done! It was dark when we were up there so I had no idea how covered he was till we were done and came inside! Deric was doing the spraying and I was helping out, he had a face mask but I didn't so I tried to stay out in the hall when he was doing the rooms since the bandanna wasn't doing any good, so I was really surprised to see how white my hair was!





Last Saturday while Deric was gone I started to paint upstairs, the first one is Brody's room (and his sham so you can see how the colors look), and the second one is the girls room. That is all I got painted... I'm not the fastest painter, especially when I kept having to stop working to check on the kids and to make Reygann clean up the bottle mess she made! The girls room will have one green wall that I am hoping becca will paint flowers on... hopefully I will be painting that tomorrow, we'll see how the morning goes!



So this isn't a great picture but I was standing at the bottom of the stairs and I wanted to take a picture of the guys hanging the drywall but they had the stage over the stairs so I couldn't get up there so I just pointed the camera up there and this is what I got. The next two pictures I took are after the guys left upstairs, and the next two are of the downstairs when they were done taping.





Here the guys are working on the garage floor. It is so nice to park in the garage now (even if we don't have a door, light, or anything... I still stay dry when buckling the kids in when it is raining!


The kids were really interested in what they were doing and we spent a lot of time watching them work.

Brody was REALLY interested and laid on the bed forever watching the guys.



We were just going to write our name in the concrete, but Kylie really wanted to put her hands and feet in so we decided to let them do hand prints...
I think Brody's hand print kinda looks like a turkey!





This is one of the guys delivering the drywall, they were both really nice guys... this guy had a remote control that he was using to guide the boom that had the drywall on it. He later used the remote to steer a box he was sitting in that had a bunch of supplies in it. The guy standing by the truck was so helpful, I was in the addition trying to put all the windows back together (we took them apart so I could stain them) and I was having real issues with it! So he ended up coming over and showing me how to put them in (I got all the parts together, I was having problems getting the windows back into the wall!) And then he came back when I had another problem with another one! By the time I got the 5th window in I had it down!






SHEW!! I thought I would never get to the end! I told you they were really out of order, but at least you are back up to date with what is going on!

4 comments:

b.e.c. said...

i absolutely know how excited you are... i'm excited for you! every bit of progress is always exciting as it happens... it gets you one day closer to moving in!! yay for you!

jodes said...

That's incredible Jules!! Its looking like a real house - yay! Is that a 2007 penny? Or is it a good luck thing?

. said...

I know, I am counting the days down till we move in... bummer is the electrical and ductwork is done... but the new electrical service isn't done and the furnace isn't hooked up yet, so that means there is more to be done still so that added more time on to when we get to move in. There really isn't a projected date I was hoping to be in by mid November/Thanksgiving, but I am just praying we are in by Christmas!

It is a 2007 penny, we have put in a 'year' penny everytime we do this. It was really hard when we did the footings because it was really early in the year and it was very hard to find!

Anyone can come over and help paint to help speed the process up, I won't tell you no! Heck you could just come over and watch the kids so I can do it!!

Anonymous said...

Looks great!!