Tuesday, June 10, 2008

House Update

I haven't done a house update in a while (not for lack of trying)... so here we go. I am quite behind...

The wall to the left is our bathroom/playroom wall, the wall going away from the camera is the bathroom/closet wall (the closet is where the hole in the floor is). I don't have an updated inside photo, but the basement stairs (the hole) got taken out and covered over, and the door (the bright spot) got taken out and a window was put in, and the rest of the bathroom/closet wall was built.
We took out this ugly picture widow and filled the space back in.
I had to help and it was stinking heavy!
I was surprised at how dark it got after we covered it.
We also took out the kitchen (our new master bedroom) window and put in the 2 new ones.
(the inside of my bedroom windows)

If you are paying attention you would know that this is an old picture... it was the only one I could find with the back porch in it (just barely, but it is in the picture still!)
Deric surprised me by ripping off the porch (I wish he would have warned me so I could have taken a before)

Look at it go...

Now it is really gone!

Next he took out door, I was glad after it was gone. After he ripped the porch off I almost fell out the door! I was so used to it being there so I opened it up and started to step out! Seriously I had to grab on to keep from falling!! It was quite the rush!
Deric put in the rest of our stairs... we still can't use them since they are on the wrong side of the house, but they are done.
His little buddy watched him the whole time he worked.

Photobucket
Recognize this side? This is where the porch was. The two pieces of siding are missing because Deric has to take that pole down and then we won't need the supports so no sence putting holes in the new siding. Once we get the electrical switched over the pole will come down and the pieces will go in.
Photobucket
Deric's guy Jordan came over and helped out. It was nice to have the extra help and the girls had fun playing with him.

This is the most recent picture of the house. We are still waiting on our front door. It has to be moved from where the door is now so we can't side the front till the door is in. We got the porch done about a week ago. We are still waiting on stairs, hopefully he will build those soon.
Shew, I think that is it for now...



1 comment:

jodes said...

i love the picture with Brody's head poking through the plastic. i also love how the new addition towers over the original house!