Tuesday, January 29, 2008

House Update

I realized last night that I haven't given a house update in a while granted there hasn't been a lot of change since the last one but the house is looking more and more like home. I am still figuring out where things go and I am still getting things hung up. Sunday Deric did my picture wall for me (picture below), and yesterday he hung up some pictures upstairs and hung my quilt rack. I still have NO IDEA what I am going put on the wall opposite of the quilt rack. I have a picture that I am going to put there (you can kinda see it leaning on the back of the couch in the second to last picture), but the wall is so big it needs more than just the one picture and I have looked a few times at my favorite places and I still have NOTHING!!! I found one shelve but the shelve alone was $179! It was made from an old antique door, I can't afford that and if I could I wouldn't have money left over to put something on it!! So I am still lost on what to do.


I love my tile, I loved it in the box but once it was on the wall it totally changed the look of the kitchen and it kinda went in the wrong direction of where I was thinking it would go in my head. I love it again now that more and more things are getting pulled together it is blending in like I thought it would.



We still haven't purchased bar stools yet, who knew they cost so much (we want 5 of them)! So for right now we are just using some we already had. The metal doesn't go with the style of the house and there are vintage cars on the seat that really don't go!

My picture wall is on the very left and you can just see it in this picture. I don't have the pictures printed yet since I figured the wall out on Sunday so the pictures that are going in there I just printed up and stuck in the frame.


Deric got around to carpeting the stairs Saturday, it is very nice to have carpeted stairs! Who knew that would make such a huge difference! The best part is Brody can play upstairs now because when they weren't carpeted he would go up them but not down so I couldn't leave him up there. The rest of the stairs are in the old side of the house so I have to pick him up to the bottom of the stairs, but after that he is on his own.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The tile looks great!

Michelle said...

The house looks awesome and I love the tile in the kitchen! Such cute pictures of the kiddos too! I'm so glad that you all are enjoying your new home!

Tim, Lisa, Logan, and Nathan Wilson said...

Hopefully this wekeend no one in my home will be sick and we can come have lunch again!

Anonymous said...

Can Deric come over and hang pictures for me? =)

Hummel Family said...

Beautiful, Julie! Oh you are just gonna love it now!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY! Are you the big 2-8! I hope you are having a great day!