Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Decorating Help

I bought some fabric to make a gathered window treatment, ribbon board, and maybe throw pillows (if I have enough, I took all they had) for the girls room. I need to get some opinions, I can't tell if it goes or not. I'm pretty sure the colors look great, but I don't know if it goes with the 'garden' feel of the room. I'm hoping you can help. I don't want a GARDEN room this is different, it's fun, bold, and whimsical? I don't know how to describe it... anyways I just need help!! Don't forget, there is going to be flowers painted on the green wall, and they are going to have white picket fence head and foot boards.

I just have the fabric tucked over the window so you can get a feel of what it will look like up there. I will be gathering it (I think) so it won't look so stripey.

The colors looked different here than they did in the first picture so I thought I would include this one too.

Here it is close up with the pink

And a shot of it with the green too... I don't really know why I took these since I think the colors are good, I am more concerned about the style/feel of the room.

As long as I don't wash the fabric I can return it, so give you honest opinion, it's no harm to me if you don't like it.

8 comments:

b.e.c. said...

it works great- just because it is a 'garden' room doesn't mean everything has to be floral. The stripes are a great contrast and add a little 'zing'. it works just great.

. said...

I definately did NOT want a typical garden floral (like the wavery floral stuff), but I wasn't sure what I wanted. I looked at some fabric but it was WAY too modern looking. I want the curtains to go in the room and not take away from it and be distracting, but also add something too.

Unknown said...

i like it. i agree with Erin. just cause it's a garden room doesn't mean it has to be flowers everywher. i think it looks great

jodes said...

i think it looks great. Is a fun, different texture. gives the room a fun feel and sill goes with everything.

Anonymous said...

Go with it Julie! I also think it looks great.

Michelle said...

Very nice! You and some of my other friends are all getting into sewing...guess I should start thinking about it too! :) I love all the plans you have for their room. Very cute!

Michelle said...

Very nice! You and some of my other friends are all getting into sewing...guess I should start thinking about it too! :) I love all the plans you have for their room. Very cute!

Holly said...

I like 'em!