Monday, November 13, 2006

Reygann's Sick & Kylie's Lip

It started out as a 'normal' day today, until the girls woke up. I was sitting by Kylie's bed talking to her just after she woke up and Reygann leaned over the bed rail and I looked up and her hair was wet and curly... it is usually flat and matted when she wakes up so I knew something was up.
Then I started to smell something... a NOT GOOD something. I climbed up to see in Reyganns bed and discovered that she had puked in her bed over night and had been sleeping in it! Poor Girl!! I am a pretty light sleeper when it comes to the kids... I can just about hear them roll over, but I didn't hear a thing! I asked Deric and he thinks he heard someone coughing at some point but no idea what time at all. The real bad part is we don't have any kind of ventilation in this house, no bath fan, no stove fan, nothing! I didn't even have a candle to burn!! I am pretty sure it smells ok in here now... Deric couldn't smell anything when he got home from work. So after Reygann got two baths (her hair still smelled bad) we got on with our day.
Brody woke up and of course, Kylie was all over him! She was being really sweet (as she always is with him, she just never gives him any breathing room) and smothering him in kisses and head pats. She ran off to play with Reygann and I fed Brody... no sooner than we were done I heard this huge crash. Kylie had fallen off the bunk bed ladder! She was laid out face down on the floor and not moving. Talk about a heart attack! It was really odd I grabbed her up and she didn't move a bit for a minute and then she just started wailing! Poor girl didn't break her fall at all and landed smack on her face! There really wasn't too much blood yet so I yanked her white shirt off of her (smart move!) and started to check her out. She had knocked her tooth half out and I had to push it back into place. There was blood above her lip but not on her lip and I thought it had gone through, we were really lucky that it didn't. I called the doc and the dentist and apparently I did the right thing and her tooth should be ok, I really hope so I don't want her to be toothless for the next 3-4 years!! I guess we are going to have to wait to take our Christmas pictures a little bit longer till her lip heals... don't really want a picture of that on my wall for a year!! (I know that is a terrible thing to say!!) Speaking of terrible things, I think Kylie is a bit vain... I tried showing her her lip to move things along since she had been crying for almost an hour, but she didn't want to see her lip at all. She actually covered her face so she couldn't look! It wasn't until way later in the day that she wanted to look at the pictures I had taken and then she kinda giggled at her lip.

6 comments:

Joanie, Billy, Harrison, Haven, Hudson, and Holden said...

AWWW... poor girl!!! OUCH! Glad she is feeling better now. I hear ya with the pictures though! How is Reygs feeling? Don't you hate it when they puke and sleep in it and you never even knew? That happened a couple times with Haven and she woke up with it dried all over her! I felt soo bad, because she probably wanted me to come in and make it better and make her a dry place to sleep and I didn't even know! (and I'm usually a LIGHT sleeper too!) Gosh, I still feel guilty! =0

Michelle said...

Yeah, Kaden did the throwing up in bed and find him in the morning sleeping in it thing last week...not cool! And your poor baby girl. What a Monday! But she is still so beautiful! I'll be praying tomorrow goes better

b.e.c. said...

i think the throwing up and sleeping in it deal is just a rite of passage... i'm convinced every child does it at least once... and every parent guilts themselves for a good, long while afterward.

Tim, Lisa, Logan, and Nathan Wilson said...

You poor thing! Some people would pay to have their lips look like Kylie's! Give them kisses from me and Logie!

jodes said...

Reygann looks so sweet! Poor little thing, having to sleep in that mess.

Anonymous said...

Poor girls! What a day! Hang in there.

(Use vasoline to reduce the swelling. It works really fast.)