Sunday, September 14, 2008

Rain, rain, go away!

Yes, it has been raining, AGAIN. I don't know if anyone I know hasn't been affected in one way or another. Thankfully we didn't flood, we got some seepage, but that is to be expected until we get gutters.
Friday night all was going well, but then the rain turned into storms. Deric went downstairs to check the basement and the girls came running in (picture the kids running in during the storm on The Sound of Music) and jumped into bed with me. I told them they could stay till Daddy gets back (they both kick and attack you). The thunder part of the storm had past, I wasn't being mean! And I was planning on letting them sleep on our floor. They are happy with that. Anyways Deric never came back! He was so nervous he couldn't sleep and he got online and was checking the weather. I think he dozed off on the couch a bit though.
Last night it was storming again and the girls said they were scared. They asked if they could sleep in the same bed, and we said yes, as long as they didn't goof off. We were watching the Buckeye game and didn't get to bed till late and this is what we found when we got up there...
I am pretty sure we didn't say they could sleep in our bed! Kylie rolled over when the flash went off, but other than that they stayed asleep. When I carried Reygann to her bed she was talking about something, but it was complete and utter gibberish! It was really funny, I wish I could remember what it was about.
We got a ton more rain today, Deric almost didn't go to church because he was afraid of our basement flooding again. We decided to go and hopefully since we were going to Church God was going to be nice and not flood us while we were gone and he didn't! Our yard was all flooded and our empty pool is filled and over flowing! I ran over to Mom's today to sew something really quick and I went through a lot of flooding on my way. My way home was a different story, it should have taken me 10 minutes, and it ended up taking me almost an hour!! Roads were closed everywhere because of flooding, it was crazy! There were people making sandbags and everything. I really wish I had brought my camera with me...


No comments: