Tuesday, August 28, 2007

House Update

Alrighty, I am SO behind on giving house updates... so lets play catch-up...
The insulation is done, Yippie! I hate insulation, what an itchy mess!
Deric and his dad got started on the front porch... They tore the awnings off and built the bottom part of the porch.

And they built the roof too... They ran out of time and didn't get to sheet the roof.

This was after last weekend. It was raining and raining and it was raining in the kitchen (and the family room) a little where they had to tear away some of the old roof to build the porch roof. It was supposed to keep raining so after work Deric went out in the rain to get the porch sheeted so it would be water tight. I went out and took pictures and ended up helping out a bit. You can't tell from the pictures, but it's wet and he is soaked.


This weekend we worked on building the garage... we were supposed to have help but Billy was still bailing himself out from their flood (which we understand!) and we never heard back from Timmy, and Deric's dad had to work. Deric built the walls and I would go out and help him stand them up and helped out with bracing/leveling them. There aren't many progress pictures because I was busy cleaning out the basement from the flood.




I guess I should have taken an updated picture... oh well, Deric got a little more work done that what is pictured here... I post one later. I think that is basically it, we pulled the thermostat and phone wires so now we are just waiting to hear from the Drywall guys!! Yippie!!

3 comments:

jodes said...

wow! Great update! You can tell Deric was soaked in some of those pictures; how miserable. Yay for Progress!

Brooke said...

Looking good!

Anonymous said...

It is looking great you must be very excited.