Wednesday, August 29, 2007

First Day Of School!

Monday night there was an open house and a meeting for the Pre-K parents and kids, Mom and Dad watched the two little ones and Kylie came with us to the meeting. We checked out her class, talked to her teacher, and checked out the school. Mom and Dad met us up there with the other two and checked out her class too, then Deric's parents met us up there. Kylie is SO excited about school... I think she might burst!


Kylie and Daddy sitting at her table

Kylie sits at the Brown table... she found her seat all by herself. (There is another Kylie W in the class too, and she sits across the table from my Kylie!)

This is her Teacher

Being silly already! She saw some of the bigger kids playing in her locker and had to try it out too!!

...she even shut the door!

This was her finding her locker

Kylie and Logan (we don't know him) share a locker (she is 2 days and he is 3 so it works out)



Today is the Day!!

She was a little tired and chilly so she snuggled me on the couch for a bit.


Modeling her backpack (and lunch bag)

She's ready to go.... Are we leaving yet?

Talking to Daddy on the phone while on the way to school

This is last picture of my non-school going child... out in the parking lot! I left my camera out there so I could be there with her if she needed me. I wish I would have brought it in and got a picture of her standing in her line, oh well. We did really well with everything this morning, she slipped in a puddle of water on the tile in the foyer and fell on her butt and I wasn't sure what she was going to do, but she just brushed herself off and moved right along. She took her shoes off carried them to her locker and found her inside shoes and got back in line. At this point I moved over to the wall so I wasn't right next to her anymore, she looked a little concerned standing there in the line and a little unsure, but so did most of the kids. The Teacher told them to wave to their parents and they were going to walk to their room, I had told Kylie that I would walk her to her door but I wasn't going to come in and she wanted to make sure I was still going to do that and I said I would. So she walked in her line and I walked next to it till we got to her classroom door. I stood out there watching her till she found her desk and gave her a thumbs up for finding it and she gave me a big grin. I watched her for a little bit more and waited for her to look at me again so I could wave and say goodbye so she would know I was leaving, and that was that. When I picked her up from school we swung into DQ and split a chocolate malt as a first day of school treat and we talked about her day. It was all positive feedback from here and she couldn't wait to go back again. One of the best things she said was about their nap time... she told me that she got to sleep between two boys and she liked it! She clarified that she didn't sleep in the boys bed (they sleep on cots) but just next to them! Then she told me that she likes to sit with boys when she is sad because they make her happy!! He-heee!! How cute! She was beaming! I think that pretty much wraps it up, all in all it was a great day and she is excited to go back, yea!

6 comments:

b.e.c. said...

awh, congrats pre-k mommy :) we decided not to send callie to pre-k just because she goes to daycare and such so it isn't as much of a big deal. i bet she loves it!

jodes said...

What a great report! I'm so glad she didn't c-r-y. ;o) I'm sure daddy loves that she likes sleeping between two boys! That cracked me up!

Can't believe how fast she's growing up.

jodes said...

Before you know it she'll be kissing those boys! I have a feeling you'll have your hands full with that one. Watch out... its coming!

Anonymous said...

That is great that she enjoyed school that much.
I love that she enjoyed sleeping between boys and talking to them that is way funny. I am glad however that she didn't sleep in there bed that may cause concern for you as a parent.
Congratulations Pre-K Mommy you seem to be handling it a lot better then I am.

Brooke said...

How fun! Glad she enjoyed it. How are you handling it? How cute is that about the boys?!

Michelle said...

Yeah for Kylie and yeah for mommy! You are doing a great job with her. You're so my kind of mom taking here to DQ!