Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Reyganns Big Day

I've been thinking about cutting Reyganns hair for a while now and today (well Sunday) was finally the day. We cut it outside to minimize the mess (and to keep Brody out of the hair) but it was quite windy and it was a bit challenging at times. I cut it dry because since her hair is curly I didn't want it to be shorter than I was wanting... but somehow it ended up shorter than I was expecting anyways! I think her head must have been tipped up or something, because it was below her shoulders when I combed it and started to cut it, but it didn't end up that long! I kept having to straighten out her head, sit her back up straight, and keep her looking the right direction! Even with Deric helping it was quite the ordeal! All in all I think she looks cute!

Before



Getting started


The first cut (see, below the shoulder!)


Snip, snip, snip


Her cute curls


I went to take an after picture and the cape blew up just as I snapped it (it was very windy out)

After





I like this one, she looks so sweet




I downloaded all the pictures off my camera today so there are going to be some pictures of her before her haircut... I think you will know which ones those are!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

She looks so cute and I'm so impressed that you did that yourself! I don't even do the boys hair! :)

Hummel Family said...

She looks so grown up! So cute. Good job, Mama!

I thought for sure you were trying to keep us in suspense when I got to the picture of the cape flying up! I thought you were making us sit on pins and needles just waiting to see that ending result! :)

I was wrong, of course!

jodes said...

I thought the same thing. I figured you had the cape covering her so you could do you big unveiling! LOL!! Guess we were both wrong.

It gives her a whole new look, doesn't it?

Brooke said...

Great job! Looks cute!

Unknown said...

SO cute!!!