Sunday, November 02, 2008

Now, THIS is what I'm talking about!

I got a call from Dad this past Thursday. He told me he raked (ok, blew) the leaves and he had a GIGANTIC pile and wanted to know if the kids could come over. (If you remember my yard we don't really have any trees, we have 1 small one in the way back, and a row of 'woods'/weeds on the side.) Last year we didn't get to play in the leaves at all, so we were excited to get to go. Dad said the pile was massive and taller than Kylie and I was like ok, sure... it may be big, but that big?! And you know what, it was!!!

Here they are seeing it for the first time

Kylie can't believe how big it is

It didn't take them long to dive in!

Can you see her?

There she is! It was super deep and it reminded me of those ball pits that are really hard to get out of.
Kylie swimming through the pile
Papoo walking into the pile with Brody

Where is the rest of Reygann?

Brody wasn't too sure about the leaf pile

See! It is HUGE!

Papoo threw the kids into the pile

Kylie went all the way down and Papoo had to rescue her!

Getting a running start
she's going down
where'd she go?
Reyganns turn

There she goes

going in sideways

and she's down!

What would a leaf pile be with out a leaf fight?!

Brody happily wandered around watching us play. Yes, us. I threw in the towel and jumped in too! It was awesome!

Papoo got in too. Actually I think he tripped or something and you really can't catch yourself on a leaf pile so down he went and the girls took advantage of the situation!





Poor Papoo! He had just taken a shower and was once again covered in leaf crumbs!

She's lovin it!

Trying to make a path

Brody finally warmed up to the leaf pile.

He wasn't about to get in though!

This face makes me laugh!

Woah! He's touching the leaves!


He actually started scooping them and throwing them! He liked trying to blow them out of his hands too.

I am still in the leaf pile at this point. I probably sat there for 5 minutes, do you know how comfy a pile of leaves is? It is very comfy! It was supportive without pressure, it was like sitting in air, and the leaves kept your body warmth so I was nice and toasty too. I would have stayed all night if I could have!

...and if the kids would have not doused me in leaves!
Silly girlie!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

How FUN!!! Looks like the kids had a blast, I'm glad Brody warmed up to the leaves!

I know what you mean...leaves are very comfy to sit/lay in!

Did Joan's kids get a chance at the leaves too?

. said...

I don't think they did. I wanted to come back Saturday, but dad had already burned them.

The did play in their own pile at home last week though... At least they have leaves!

jodes said...

Brody looks wicked cute! Looks like dad had a good time as well!! Kinda makes me wish our grandpas were around when we were growing up..... ya know?

Michelle said...

How FUN! I love leaf piles and that has to be the biggest pile I've ever seen! And I love that your dad called to see if the kids could come play! :)