Thursday, October 05, 2006

One down, a lifetime more to go...

I have the first week alone with the kids under my belt! I was really wondering how this was going to work. The odds really weren't in my favor (3 to 1) but it went really smooth, I even took everyone out a few times! Reygann posed a few problems when we were out because she didn't want to hold mine or Kylie's hand. I wanted to hang on to Kylie so she would keep up with us, but the only hand I had free was trying to hang on to Reygann. Sometimes Reygann would hold Kylie's hand, but then she would want to hold her own hand, what a goofball!! Hopefully we will work these kinks out soon!

Brody is just an amazing baby! He has put himself on a 3 hour schedule at night , you can set your clock by him. I thought both girls were good babies, but so far he is the best! I don't think he has cried yet unless he was hungry. There were a few nights we were trying to put the girls down and they just wouldn't stay asleep. We thought we were going to die. Brody, on the other hand, eats and goes right back to sleep (so far). I am usually back to bed in 15 minutes! I hope he keeps this up, I can deal with this!

The girls are doing really well with him too. Right now he has a blocked tear duct and I am having a hard time keeping their hands off of him (because they always want to play with him). He was fussing and Kylie wanted to hold him (while crying) and she kept softly talking to him 'it's ok Brody' 'hush hush' 'do you want a toy?' She even took a key rattle he had, put it in his hand and said, 'here's your toy', and then put the key part in his mouth which did make him quiet... for a minute. At that point I fed him and made all things better. I was really impressed with how well she did with him. When we first brought him home every time he would cry she would cover her ears and say that he was too loud, and that he was hurting her ears! Reygann still hasn't tried to hold him, but she is always helping us burp him. We haven't asked her if she wants to hold him again either... so you never know maybe she has warmed up to the idea by now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julie, it sounds like you have things under control! You sure bring back some memories for me of when I had my hands full with little ones. I can't wait to see Brody. I love all the pictures. Keep them coming, that is when you can find the time.